Sign up to receive a fortnightly email from say it with news and fresh designs

Friday 11 May 2012

Folksy Friday: I used to be...

Friday again already? This week is going way too quickly. I think I'm all put out by the bank holiday. I loved having a longer weekend, but I'm not so sure about fitting all my work into a 4 day week!

I've been very busy making cards as my stock was pretty low. And I've got a few new designs which you'll see in the shop soon :-) But I did find just enough time to have a look on Folksy for some excellent items for this week's Folksy Friday. There are some very clever makers this week and some excellent ideas. It's all about recycling, and changing the purpose of an item. Click on the pictures for more information.

I used to be a bottle, now I'm a....

Dish
Fused and Re-used
Spoon rest
Aviya Glass

I used to be a record, now I'm a...

Cake stand
Cissyface Vintage
Bowl
Rescued Rags
Bookend
When The Music's Over
Brooch
Krissy's Vinyl

I used to be a book, now I'm a...

Photo holder
The Bird & The Button
Clock
Fizzy Popov

I used to be a map, now I'm a...

Envelope
Swirlyarts
Notebook
Say it

I used to be a pencil, now I'm a...

Necklace
Zincwhite
Ring
Ruby Bijou Jewellery

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what fantastic finds! Love the pencil pendent in resin, also adore the glass bottles repurposed as rests and dishes, just great! Thank you for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful selection and great subject! :)

    Vx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upcycling and recycling are great aren't they? Thanks for sharing my mini map envelopes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see so many people being creative with recycling lovely items

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for including my pencil ring in this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun blog post, lovely variety of items, thank you so much for sharing my glass bottle rest! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photo holder ex book and the pencil ring! What an interesting blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really clever and fun:)
    crow cottage

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all your lovely comments. Well done to the fabulous makers who come up with such wonderful ideas for recycling :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I always love reading them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...