Sign up to receive a fortnightly email from say it with news and fresh designs

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Folksy Five #2

Well, the first folksy five post seemed popular so here's another five of my favourite folksy shops for you to take a look at. To visit the shops, click the banners.






Your name: Nicola Jones

Shop name: Gooseberrymoon

Describe the items you make in 3 words: Pretty paper goods

How long have you been selling on Folksy: About 3 years

Do you sell your items anywhere other than Folksy: I also sell through Notonthehighstreet.com and through several galleries and shops.

What are your favourite items from your shop:







Your name: Lynsey Searle

Shop name: Swirlyarts

Describe the items you make in 3 words: Upcycled, quirky, fun

How long have you been selling on Folksy: Since 15th July 2008

What’s your favourite shop to buy supplies from: As I use materials that are discarded by other people I tend to buy from charity shops and car boot sales. My favourite place though is my local scrapstore – it's an Aladdins cave of everything you didn't know until you saw it there! But as I work upwards from the materials I have rather than the other way around it's great for sparking my creativity :)

What are your favourite items from your shop:








Your name: Sall

Shop name: Ruby Blue Cards

Describe the items you make in 3 words: Handmade Cards & Wedding Stationery (ed. that's four, but who's counting?!)

How long have you been selling on Folksy: Four weeks

Do you have a ‘day-job’ as well as running your shop: This is my full time job. I'm so busy at the moment, I may need to take on extra help!

What are your favourite items from your shop:







Your name: Carol Lewcock

Shop name: Mrs L Cards

Describe the items you make in 3 words: clean, colourful, cute

How long have you been selling on Folksy: Two years

What advertising do you do that brings the most visitors to your shop: I tweet and have my own Facebook page, facebook.com/mrsLcards

What are your favourite items from your shop:







Your name: Melanie

Shop name: Beledien Handmade

Describe the items you make in 3 words: Fabulous fabric crafts

How long have you been selling on Folksy: Just over a year

What’s your favourite shop to buy supplies from? I just love The Eternal Maker (http://www.eternalmaker.com/). They have a fantastic bricks and mortar store near Chichester and I have spent many, many hours picking out lovely fabric, gorgeous ribbons and beautiful buttons!

What are your favourite items from your shop:



And their favourite items from the say it shop are:

Rhodes map notebook chosen by Beledien and Gooseberrymoon
Skiddaw button magnets chosen by Ruby Blue Cards and Mrs L Cards
Larissa love heart wedding/anniversary card chosen by Swirlyarts

4 comments:

  1. Oh fabulous - thank you :) And I always love finding out about other peoples shops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you once again for choosing my shop, Im in good company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for asking me. You've picked some lovely shops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for taking part. You all have such lovely shops :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I always love reading them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...