Sign up to receive a fortnightly email from say it with news and fresh designs

Monday 18 June 2012

Map birthday cards

My map notebooks have been very popular. They are now one of my best selling items. It seems that people like maps! I've got quite a large stack of old maps and road atlases so I decided to branch out and use them on other products too. How about a map birthday card?

Meet Kos and Naxos!

I'm very pleased with this pair of cards and I hope they will appeal to map lovers and people who like to go travelling. 

This is Kos. The map on this card can be personalised to show a location of your choice, maybe a favourite holiday destination or the place where the recipient grew up. I'm loving the red and white bakers twine, I've been wanting to use that in a design for ages!


And this is Naxos. Little circles cut from my stash of vintage maps and a piece of string fraying at the ends. I'm pleased to have a couple more designs that are suitable for male birthdays as they can be pretty hard sometimes (flowers are so much easier!). 


I'm linking this post to handmade monday. If you'd like to find out what some other crafty folk have been making this week, why not have a look and see which other bloggers have linked up. 

10 comments:

  1. These are lovely, I love maps and have been saving old atlases for ages and plan to use them in my art work. Your cards look really crisp.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - I love that you're using Greek islands - my favourite place(s!) in the world x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting idea! Perfect for the man in your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your map birthday cards! I think this would be brilliant using a map of Blean for my grandad as he loves his village! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love maps, not surprised your cards are popular :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These work really well. Maps are interesting and you have made good use of them. I particularly like the idea of linking them into special places. A really great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's something lovely about maps, they take you somewhere else even if you're not there - does that make sense? The cards are great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maps really do look good,especially on these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is something lovely about maps. I'm with Wendy on the Greek Islands being the best place in the world- but I'd have to go for Kefalonia myself as that's where my Dad is from!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for stopping by and leaving such lovely comments :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I always love reading them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...