Sign up to receive a fortnightly email from say it with news and fresh designs

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Craft Fairs

I'm not sure at what point I decided that two craft fairs on consecutive days was a good idea... I spent most of last week worrying that I'd run out of stock at the first fair and have nothing left for the second.

My stall at Swanland Nurseries Christmas Market

I didn't need to panic though, because I hardly sold anything at the fair on Friday. 7 hours standing in the cold for little profit. It was plenty busy enough, and there was a great range of stalls, so the organisers weren't to blame. It was a lovely event, people were just watching their pennies. 


Saturday afternoon I sold three times as many items in a third of the time, at a little local church fair. It was very, very busy, again with more people browsing than spending, but it was much more worth me going. 

My stall at St Andrew's Church Christmas fair

The most popular item by far was these music notebooks. I only had one left for the stall on Saturday and that sold in the first five minutes. They've been selling well online as well, I can't make them fast enough! 


That's it for craft fairs this year. I will have to think long and hard about whether it is worth doing any next year. By the time you take into consideration the fee for the stall and the cost of my time preparing and on the day, it's much cheaper to stick to online selling.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I always love reading them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...