Sign up to receive a fortnightly email from say it with news and fresh designs

Wednesday 10 April 2013

I like...

I'm starting a new blog series called "I like..." and it's about, well, things I like! Each week I want to share with you something that I've particularly been enjoying that week. It might be a website or blog, a craft tool, something I've bought or a new product that's caught my eye. This week, it's a new magazine.


I heard about Crafty Magazine through twitter. I saw a few pics and was intrigued enough to look for it in the supermarket. I'm not a massive magazine fan, I tend to prefer to read things online. But after a quick flick through Crafty I had to buy a copy. Just look at it. It doesn't even look like the other craft magazines.




No glossy cover. No garishly bright clashing colours. No overload of pictures and headlines. Just a bold, simple white on red design. Even the featured article tones in with the red theme. It just looks so much more sophisticated. If I were to design a magazine I'd like to read, I think it would look like this.


Even the free gift of calico fabric is well packaged in a retro brown paper envelope that suits the feel of the magazine perfectly. No plastic wrap in site.


Inside it continues to be the stylish magazine the cover suggests. I love the clean and simple layouts, the blank white space and the excellent photos. It doesn't look like your average magazine inside either.


And the content is superb. It's not full of 101 DIYs that realistically I'm never going to have time to make. There are a few intriguing crafty ideas, but not your usual step by step recreate-what-I've-made articles. It's full of interesting and useful information, including interviews with crafty folk, craft business advice and book reviews.

Go and get yourself a copy now, you won't be disappointed. I can't wait for issue 2.


2 comments:

  1. I saw this in Tesco today and my sister and I had a flick through. Agree, the design is so simple and gorgeous and very different to Mollie Makes (which was sitting just above it in the rack, so easy to compare!)

    I didn't buy it this time around as we were quick shopping, but i'm so tempted next time i'm out!

    Leanne x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth buying. The more I read the more I love it!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I always love reading them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...