Sign up to receive a fortnightly email from say it with news and fresh designs

Tuesday 10 December 2013

St Andrew's Church Fair


I don't do very many craft fairs because they tend to be a bit hit and miss. It's a big time commitment to make up enough stock and spend the hours stood behind the stall selling it. It's great when they go well, but a bit of a risk if you've not done that fair before and don't know how much you'll sell. Also, now a lot of my new products are personalised it's pretty hard to sell these at a craft fair.

So this Christmas I have done just one craft fair, at my local church. Out of all the ones I've done before it is by far the best. There was a great atmosphere and it was very busy. They combined it with the village Christmas light switch on, and the brownies sang Christmas carols round the newly lit tree.


So here are a couple of photos of my stall. As I don't do many fairs I haven't invested in many props or stands. The lady next to me had a fab card rack that looked really professional, so I was a little jealous! But I think my stall looked ok. And customers seemed to think so as they were happy to spend - it was the best fair I've ever done. It's satisfying at the end of the day to feel like you've actually been paid a decent wage for once!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I always love reading them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...