Sign up to receive a fortnightly email from say it with news and fresh designs

Monday 18 August 2014

Weekend makes

Since I work with paper all week as my job, when I want to craft for fun I like to use other materials. This weekend I got my sewing machine out again. I was supposed to be making some more of these cushions, but after cutting out all the pieces out I got distracted...


So I made a drawstring bag out of some spotty fabric that I love. It makes me happy just looking at it! I'm going to use this as a travel laundry bag. I'm really pleased with it as I didn't have a pattern or any instructions, I just started sewing.


And I used an A3 clip frame to create this organiser. It's a super easy way of doing it. I sewed the two pockets and then simply wrapped the whole thing round the glass from the frame and clipped it all together. We are going to use this for post, as we are very good at dumping opened and unopened post on our coffee table and important bills get muddled up with the junk mail and forgotten about! So I'm hoping this will keep us organised. We just need to decide where to hang it so that we actually remember to use it!

If you'd like to see what other crafty folk have been making this week pop over to Handmade Monday where lots of craft bloggers link up their weekly makes.


6 comments:

  1. I love the bag you made. The fabric colors are really bright. The organizer is so nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.The spotty fabric is still making me smile every time I see it!

      Delete
  2. A fabulous spotty bag, I love the fabrics you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag is really pretty, I love the spotty fabric.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali. It's almost too nice to put laundry in!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I always love reading them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...