Sign up to receive a fortnightly email from say it with news and fresh designs

Wednesday 8 October 2014

PaperLove Challenge

I'm taking part in the Paperphilia 7 days of PaperLove Challenge, celebrating papery goodness. Since I love paper and work with it pretty much every day I thought this sounded like the perfect challenge to take part in. Plus, I love the gorgeous Paperphilia blog and have had my eye on their PaperLove e-course for a little while now.

Each day for the next week there's going to be a PaperLove Challenge to take part in. And today is day one. A great little challenge to start off with - making freestanding origami paper hearts!


Above is the example made by Rachel and Beth from the Paperphilia team. I decided to make mine using a page from a vintage dictionary. I wasn't sure if it would work using such thin paper, but it seems to have turned out fine. I might try varnishing it to make it a little more robust. 


I'm quite pleased with my little heart and think it will make a nice ornament. 


Would you like to join in with the PaperLove Challenge too? It's not too late to start, just sign up here and you'll get the instructions for making your very own origami heart straight away. 

I can't wait to find out what the rest of the challenges will be! I shall be sharing them on Twitter as I make them, so follow me @sayithandmade to see how they turn out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I always love reading them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...